Before the Cleanse (2-3 Days)
1. Clean out the kitchen by removing any temptations or unhealthy foods.
2. If you plan on doing a softer cleanse and intend on having snacks and/or meals, you'll want to go to the grocery now.
3. Consider buying a body brush (my favorite is at Body Shop) to use during and after your cleanse. Body brushing helps clear pores and stimulate blood and lymph circulation. This will lead to more efficient excretion of waste materials in the cells during your cleanse.
TIP: Start at your feet and work up your body (brush toward the heart). Brush the stomach in circular strokes in a clockwise direction. Brush from hand to armpit. Brush from buttocks up the back to neck.
4. Wean yourself off alcohol, dairy, caffeine, and carbohydrates.
5. DRINK MORE WATER!!! Adding hot water with lemon to your morning routine is a great way to start the day. It’s an easy way to increase your water intake while positively supporting the liver, bile, and digestion.
6. Start exercising. It doesn't matter what you do—just try to start moving more often and gradually step up your pace. Taking small breaks to walk around the office every hour or doing a few jumping jacks during a commercial will help get your blood flowing.
During the Cleanse
1. Hey, this is the easy part! Okay, well maybe it's not easy to go without food, but just remember you're doing your body a favor. And you'll feel better after. The best part about doing a cleanse is you'll likely want to make healthier choices after it's over; you don't want to ruin all your hard work, right
2. If you miss chewing, grab a small handful of almonds or simulate chewing while sipping your juice. Don’t worry—you'll be eating healthy meals soon enough. You can do this!
3. Avoid temptation like going out with friends to that new restaurant or meeting up at your favorite brew house. It can be hard to stay on track when you see so many distractions.
4. Try to find ways to cleanse your mind by eliminating stress as much as possible. Get a massage, go for a walk in a park, and breathe deeply through the nose and exhale through the mouth (you'd be surprised how a few cleansing breaths can help reduce your stress levels).
5. During your cleanse, take it easy on yourself, do things you enjoy, and remember your body is on vacation (even if you still have to go to work)!
6. Keep drinking water. Nothing is more cleansing to the body than fresh water.
After the Cleanse
1. Pat yourself on the back. You did it! Take a moment to appreciate your hard work.
2. Slowly reintroduce food into your healthy regular diet; this will isolate any food that doesn't agree with you. We suggest keeping a diary to note the foods you eat and any symptoms that occur. An example of things to note would be whether the food was organic,what the quantities were, and any symptoms such as tiredness or bloating that occur after eating.
3. Keep surrounding yourself with healthy people, places, and information. If you don't know where to start, visit our website and social media pages daily for inspiration, motivation, and news about healthy living.
4. Keep juicing. Whether you juice at home or enjoy a Juice Jar you will reap the most long-term benefits by keeping "your body on vacation" with vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients.
5. We can't say it enough, keep drinking water to hydrate the body and flush out toxins.
Have questions? Please call or email us and we will be happy to discuss your goals and how to achieve them.